There are several steps to decide how to choose a proper vacuum pump for laboratory work:
- Evaluate the pump application to finalize the required vacuum and pumping speed. Generally speaking, the vacuum level of oil-sealed pump is much better.
- Check the pump’s noise level. You don’t want a noisy pump to ruin the working environment.
- Oil mist released by an oil-lubricated pump, even with oil mist filter, could be unpleasant for the laboratory environment. Dry pump has no such problem.
- Size, weight and footprint need to be considered as well. For laboratory it’s not often to choose a heavy big-sized pump.
- All costs, including the initial purchase, on-going energy cost and maintenance cost need to be taken into consideration.
Briefly, you may choose a traditional oil-lubricated vacuum pump because of its proven technology, high reliability and reasonable cost. You may also choose a dry pump due to low noise, zero contamination and low maintenance. Do you have an idea how to choose the right vacuum pump for laboratory work now?
Colink, a TOP 3 Quality Global HVAC Vacuum Pump Manufacturer from China